– Invited : September 30, 2022 :: University of Connecticut, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, USA. Topic – Nano versus Micro Structuring : Future Directions of Energy Storage Materials
– October 04, 2022, Multiscale Materials Modeling, Baltimore, USA. Topic – Understanding interfacial chemo-mechanics of two-dimensional materials-based heterostructures for energy storage
– Invited : October 18, 2022, Society of Engineering Science Annual Technical Meeting, College Station, Texas, USA. Topic – Understanding interfacial chemo-mechanics of two-dimensional materials-based heterostructures
– Invited : October 19, 2022, Society of Engineering Science Annual Technical Meeting, College Station, Texas, USA. Topic – Multiscale particles for next-generation battery technologies
– Invited : June 01, 2022 :: Virtual Seminar, 241st ECS Meeting, Vancouver, Canada
– Invited : October 05, 2021 :: Seminar, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA (Materials Science and Engineering Dept.)
– Invited : September 25, 2021 :: Virtual Seminar, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India
– August 24, 2021 :: ACS (American Chemical Society), Virtual
– July 27, 2021 :: 16th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics, Virtual
– Invited : March 15-18, 2021 :: TMS 2021 – The Minerals, Metal & Materials Society, Virtual
– April 23, 2021 :: MRS 2021, Virtual
– October 15, 2019 :: SES 2019 – Society of Engineering Science, Washington University in St. Louis, USA.
– July 25, 2018 :: WCCM 2018, New York City, USA
– February 25, 2017 :: The City University of New York, New York City, US
– Invited : October 27, 2016 :: Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey, USA
– Invited : October 20, 2016 :: Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan, USA
– October 2-5, 2016 :: 3 presentations @ SES 2016, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
– Invited : June 30, 2016 :: Tesla Motors, Palo Alto, California, USA
– Invited : April 5, 2016 :: University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, Dartmouth, MA, USA
– Invited : February 9, 2016 :: New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, USA
– June 8, 2004 :: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur , Kanpur, India
** Selected Movie Presentation : – November 3, 2012 :: New England Workshop on the Mechanics of Materials and Structures(NEW.Mech 2012) at Brown University , Providence , USA [YouTube]
Presentation by Group Members
– June 19, 2022 : Mr. Joy Datta and Mr. Jatin Kashyap presented at 19th U.S. National Congress on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
– Nov 29, 2021 : Mr. Joy Datta presented at the 2021 MRS Fall Meeting and Exhibit, Data-Driven Analysis Symposium
– May 30, 2021 : Mr. Jatin Kashyap and Ms. Vidushi Sharma presented at 239th ECS Meeting, 2021
– Mar 15, 2021 : Ms. Vidushi Sharma presented at APS Meeting 2021
– Apr 17, 2021 : Ms. Vidushi Sharma presented at MRS Meeting 2021
– Oct 14,15, 2019 : Ms. Vidushi Sharma and Mr. Jatin Kashyap presented at the SES 2019 – Society of Engineering Science, Washington University in St. Louis, USA.
– 06/14/2019 : Mr. Jatin Kashyap, Ms. Vidushi Sharma gave oral presentations at the ECS Meeting 2019, Atlanta, USA.
– 04/10/2019 : Ph.D. student Ms. Vidushi Sharma represented the Mechanical Engineering department at the Newark College of Engineering (NCE) Salute to Engineering Excellence.
– 03/05/2019 : Postdoc Dr. Kamalika Ghatak, Ph.D. students Mr. Jatin Kashyap, Ms. Vidushi Sharma gave oral presentations at the APS March Meeting 2019, Boston, USA.
-11/29/2018 : 12th grade high school student Ms. Priyanka Solanky (intern in our lab) presented a poster on ‘Graphene-water interaction’ at the MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, USA, 2018 (Nov 29, 2018). She is probably the youngest participant at MRS meeting. Well done, kid.
-11/30/2018 : Dr. Kamalika Ghatak gave oral presentation on ‘Controlled growth mechanism of bilayer 2D TMDs’ at the MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, USA, 2018.
-11/27/2018 : Ms. Vidushi Sharma gave oral presentation on ‘2D materials for energy storage’ at the MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, USA, 2018.
-08/10/2018 : Dr. Kamalika Ghatak presented a poster at the Annual PRISMS Workshop 2018 at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
-07/22-27/2018 : Dr. Kamalika Ghatak gave an oral presentation at 13th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, New York City, USA on Computational Modeling of the Orientation Controlled Two-Step Epitaxial Growth of WS2-WS2 Homobilayer and WS2-WSe2 Heterobilayer“.
-07/22-27/2018 : Ph. D. student Ms. Vidushi Sharma gave an oral presentation 13th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, New York City, USA on Atomistic and Molecular Modeling of Amorphous Germanium as Negative Electrode for Sodium Ion Battery“
– 07/07/2018 : Dr. Kamalika Ghatak gave an oral presentation at 18th U.S. National Congress for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Chicago, USA on Computational Modeling of the Epitaxial Growth Mechanics of Transition Metal Dichalcogenides (TMD) Heterostructures“.
– 07/07/2018 : Graduate student Mr. Jatin Kashyap gave an oral presentation at 18th U.S. National Congress for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Chicago, USA entitled on MD simulation of wrinkling and interlayer shear of 2D materials.
-11/26/2017 – 12/01/2017 : Dr. Kamalika Ghatak presented two posters at the Materials Research Society (MRS) 2017 Fall Meeting, Boston.
Computational Modeling of the Epitaxial Growth of WS2-WS2 Homobilayer and WS2-WSe2 Heterobilayer
Effect of Decreasing Cobalt Content on the Electrochemical Properties and Structural Stability of Li(1-x)NiyCo2Al0.05O2 Type Cathode Materials